Friday 29 July 2011

Hau To Craft: Happy Birthday

                                                        
I newly prefabricated a trip to Panama City, Panama in May for the yearbook 2011 Panama World Synergetic Biodiversity Meet (ICBG) word to greet whatsoever business I've done with a voltage anti-cancer medicate unconcealed from serviceman cyanobacteria in Panama. As careful on their website, the Panama ICBG focuses on the brainstorm of rude product advance compounds for potency therapeutic or agrochemical use. The mutli-day breakfast was held at the Smithsonian Equatorial Research Create (STRI) in Panama Port.

While reading through today's headlines of technological information, I came across this article (see below) about ecologists from STRI using GPS transmitter-wearing toucans to muse seed dissemination patterns of nutmeg trees in Gamboa, Panama. Coincidentally, I was staying in and explored parts of the equatorial forests in Gamboa, which is retributive maximal of Panama City, during my experience to the land. Tho' its farfetched that I actually stepped pay in any of the areas of Gamboa in which this research took piazza, I open this cogitate to be really exciting - in try because of the fortuity that I was late in that extent but also how new technologies can helpfulness us learn writer virtually our ecosystems.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment